1. All freight must be paid for before departure.
2. Able Lynx Limited bears no responsibility for loss, damage, degradation and loss in value for valuable items such as watches, jewellery and other valuables if not duly declared and adequate insurance taken.
3. All breakables such as cutlery, crockery, televisions, mirrors glassware and other such items must be packed in protective casings at cost else Able Lynx Limited will bear no responsibility for their damage.
4. Insurance cover is the sole responsibility of the customer. That is, customers are expected to insure their goods as deemed fit or necessary.
5. Able Lynx Limited accepts no responsibility for transit times taking longer than estimated as vessels are not under the direct control of the company and accepts no liability for losses or sales depreciation/loss that might be incurred by the client that might arise due to longer than timetabled/stated transit times. Able Lynx Limited will submit cargo to designated carriers to ensure quickest transit times.
6. If incurred, the client is liable for all customs duties, taxes, levies and other such charges, this also includes charges by Government Agencies such as NAFDAC and Others that might suffice.
7. Demurrage maximum allowed is 21 (twenty-one) days for pickup after notification from us that your shipment is ready for collection. Extra charge of One Thousand (N1,000) daily, Ten Pounds (£10) daily if in our United Kingdom warehouse.
8. After 3 months of demurrage period, we shall not be held liable for loss of shipment.
9. Qualified Acceptance: We reserve the right to reject your shipment – after acceptance and prior to the performance of any part of the transportation service – for whatever reason we deem fit including but not limited to disagreements on processes or pricing; when shipments might cause damage or delays to other shipments; when shipments might cause damage or delays to equipment or personnel. This will also apply if the transportation of your shipment is prohibited by any national or international law or is in violation of any rules contained within our airway bill / warehouse receipt / shippers declaration or any other suitable form of documentation or our tariffs. You will be responsible for the cost of returning any such shipment from our premises to the point of origin.
10. Items Not Acceptable For Transportation: We reserve the right not to accept certain items for carriage and other items may be accepted for carriage only to limited destinations or under restricted conditions. We reserve the right to reject packages based upon these limitations for either legal / statutory reasons or for reasons of safety and security.
11. Right To Inspect: We may at our discretion open and inspect any shipment for any reason including but not limited to verification of contents prior to or after acceptance of the shipment for transportation. Your shipment may also be subject to inspection by statutory bodies / authorities either at the airport or port of origin and / or at the airport or port of destination. We will not be responsible for the actions of any such bodies / authorities and you will be required to address any concerns raised.
12. Health And Safety: Just as we reserve the right to reject packages based upon certain limitations for either legal / statutory reasons or for reasons of safety and security so also do we reserve the right to refuse customers entry into designated areas of any of our premises for either legal / statutory reasons or for reasons of health and safety. We also will not accept any physical, verbal or psychological abuse of our staff or representatives and reserve the right to seek legal redress and or civil compensation.
13. Delivery Of Shipments: We reserve the right to refuse to deliver your shipment – after acceptance and after the performance of any part of the transportation service – to a particular destination or location within a destination. However once your shipment has been accepted we shall make every reasonable effort to deliver the shipment according to our normal delivery schedules to the address provided at the beginning of the transaction but this is not guaranteed and does not form part of this contract. Where we find it impossible / impractical /not feasible to deliver to an address provided at the beginning of the transaction you will be required to provide us with an alternative address that is not impossible or is not impractical or is feasible to deliver the shipment to. If you are unable to provide us with such an alternative address the shipment will be taken back to our designated warehouse upon which a further delivery will be attempted if we receive an alternative address or you may wish to make your own arrangements to collect the shipment from the designated warehouse. You may be charged for any further deliveries of the same shipment if you do not wish to make your own arrangements to collect the shipment from the designated warehouse. Furthermore you may be required to pay for storage whilst we await an alternative address or whilst we wait for you to make your own arrangements to collect the shipment from the designated warehouse.14. Charges And Responsibilities For Payment: Even when different payments instructions have been given and even if it is after the performance of any part of the transaction/shipment you will always be responsible for all charges including but not limited to transportation charges; all auxiliary charges; all duties and other Customs assessed fees; governmental or statutory body / authority penalties or fines; taxes and our attorneys’ fees and legal costs relating to any shipment belonging to you (or your representative) and the warehousing of any such shipment even if pending disposition. You will be responsible for any additional and/or forgotten charges incurred as a result of your transaction/shipment regardless of any previous quotes or payments made in relation to that particular transaction/shipment. Payments for transactions/shipments will be based on the higher of either the dead weight of the goods or the volume weight of the goods. We reserve the right to change our charges without notification if we deem it to be necessary to do so.